Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet Stuff......

Too many sweet things to talk about!!


First, let me say out here (I did in earlier comments) Thank you to Daphne and Marlys for extending to me my very first blog awards :) "The authors say that blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming. This blog invests in proximity in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends .They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandisement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these awards are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give your kind attention to these writers! Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who will choose 8 more, and include this cleverly written text in to the body of the award."It's really so cool how we're all connected via something we're passionate about. In perusing all blogs teddy I think the award has made the full rounds, but I'd still like to extend it to all of those over there on my blogs I visit list, each is so worthy of this acknowledgment. I visit so many more, but I've got to sit down once and for all (since starting the blog back up) and add them all again. So, again THANK YOU ladies so very much!!

Sweet #2:
I was tagged this week by one of my personal favorites in teddy style (I have to add to my blog list over there....-smacking head!!)! For quite some time now I've drooled over the vintage bears and kitties of sreetzbears . Right from the pages of picture books and antique postcards.... -sigh-, too lovely.
So, in being tagged I have to list 6 random things about myself. Ok, so here goes. #1) I crave french fries when I'm stressed. We signed our agreement of sale for our home at a diner so I could have a plate of fries...no lie. Me, Deano, my dad and the realtor.....and my fries. #2) I'm addicted to the Bachelor shows (I know, it's beyond embarrassing). But I don't watch because I think it's true love, romantic, or anything like that. It's purely humor entertainment. I crack up at girls acting so ridiculously over some dude they just said hello to 5 minutes earlier LOL. #3) My favorite movie of all time is Goonies. I can use a random quote from Goonies during any day pretty much. #4) Yesterday in the morning my niece and I made a fishy out of a paper plate, torn construction paper (the scales), a glue stick, and crayons. In the early afternoon we made Nibble Sticks from the Alpha-Bakery Cookbook for kids (they were yummy, she said so...I can't eat the wheat or dairy, but she's a might smart kiddo so I'll take her word for it). #5) I hate bugs. Bugs at night are something I just can't take...uh oh random Goonies quote time " I like the dark. I love the dark. But I hate nature! I HATE nature!" I use that every summer out back swatting everything around me. #6) I once entered an essay contest to win a day with one of my all time favorite chefs and instead I won a years supply of bread. Out of hundred or thousands of entries I won 1 of 4 or 5 prizes, so that was pretty cool...but seriously...bread?
Alrighty then! So, I have to tag 6 people and they have to list 6 random things about themselves...... Daphne, Catherine, Ann (hello Ann, welcome! And thank you for following my blog!), Dagan (my BIL...let's see if he's up to this kind of random bloggin silly fun, I'm not sure. He might just comment), Kim, and Vicki. Here's the thing...I 100% believe in the blogging without obligation or expectation thing, so if you're not up for this don't sweat it! :) I don't know what the tag game started out as, but I don't personally believe in chain mail/email concepts that say things like ewwwww "don't break the chain" blah blah blah. Play for fun because you want to, there's no obligation at all gals!! :)

Sweet #3 (is this the neverending post OR WHAT??!!)

Today was my day off from sitting for my niece, so me and my youngest sis baked valentine's cookies! Again, I can't eat them...STINKS...but I love making these cookies and everyone else will enjoy them so it's totally worth it :) 3 sizes of iced hearts all wrapped up for our family to eat up. Aren't they puuuurty?





HUGS,

Chrissi

No comments: